Lucan Disability Action Group (LDAG) aims to facilitate and promote independent living for people with disabilities. LDAG lobbies for change in policy and services to enable people with disabilities to fully participate in mainstream society and to live a life of their own choosing.
We currently provide the following services to our members –
- Transport: we provide affordable, accessible door-to-door transportation which facilitates our members the opportunity to participate in education, employment and social events.
- Personal Assistants: we provide Personal Assistants for members requiring care and support to enable participation in social and economic life to the fullest extent.
- Third level education supports: we also provide note-takers, examination readers/scribes for students who have a disability while attending third level educational institutes.
LDAG now seeks to recruit a Manager to fill a vacancy which will arise in the near future.
The role of the manager will be to implement, manage, direct and develop all of the organisation’s operations and services.
Responsible to: The Board
Based in: Lucan, Co Dublin
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Strong leadership, operations and people management
- Ensuring ongoing delivery while developing and expanding our services
- Stakeholder and relationship management
- Financial control and governance
- Proven management, administrative, financial and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines and work accurately under pressure.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience of working in the community, disability or voluntary sector is desirable.
This is a full time, permanent and paid position.
The salary will be commensurate with the experience of the individual appointed and in line with the organisation’s resources.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory Garda vetting.
Recruitment process – Application Details
Applications in the form of a C.V. and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 31st March 2017
All applications will be considered but not all applicants will be invited for interview.
Detailed job/person specification available on request from email@example.com
Lucan Disability Action Group CLG
Unit 24, Hills Industrial Estate, Lucan, Co. Dublin. K78 H2R7