The purpose of this role is to coordinate An Cosán’s adult basic education and informal community education programmes.
• Design and deliver adult basic education and informal community education programmes
• Organise the programme schedule and overseeing its smooth implementation
• Evaluate An Cosán’s adult basic education and informal community education programmes regularly
• Ensure An Cosán’s programmes are in accordance with community needs.
• Coordinate the recruitment of learners for An Cosán’s informal and adult basic Community Education programmes, including design and dissemination of promotional materials
• Recruit, provide ongoing support to and provide continuous professional development of tutors
• Develop partnerships with other agencies and organisations to provide informal and adult basic community education programmes.
• Arrange appropriate supports including reasonable accommodations for learners as needed
• Work with ACE Manager to expand the reach of An Cosán’s community education programme offerings
• Engage in fundraising activities, including grant writing and reporting
• Carry out any other duties consistent with this role as advised by the line manager.
• Is committed to An Cosán’s ethos of transformative community education.
• At least 3 years relevant work experience in working with a diverse range of students within an educational or similar setting
• Holds an undergraduate degree in Education, Community Development or equivalent is essential
• Registered with the Teachers Council of Ireland is preferable.
• Have proven organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to competing deadlines
• Experience of organising and implementing projects/events for groups
• Display excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including listening skills, empathy and sound judgement
• Excellent IT skills
Particulars of the role:
• Full time fixed term contract from July 2017 to December 2018 (with possibility of extension)
• 39 hours per week
• Flexible hours required
• Based in Jobstown with some travel
• Car owner with full driver’s license (preferred)
• Applicant must qualify for CSP salary funding which requires that applicant come from one of the following categories : o Person in receipt of Jobseeker’s benefit(JB), Job seeker’s allowance (JA) or one parent family (OPF) o Persons in receipt of disability allowance (DA), invalidity pension or other disability pension but bearing in mind that this a physical position o Travellers in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit or Job seeker’s Assistance or one-parent family benefit o Stabilised and recovering drug mis-users o People employed from Tus, Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible. Former RSS workers who were previously CE placements are also eligible o Ex-prisoners
Please send Letter of Application and CV to email@example.com by Thursday 3rd August 2017.