Adelaide Community Health Initiative Scheme
The Adelaide Health Foundation is inviting applications from Dublin 24 community healthcare organisations for funding under the Adelaide Community Health Initiative Scheme (CHIS).
The Adelaide Health Foundation exists to advance healthcare, seeking to ensure that healthcare is available to all based upon health needs and not on financial means. The Foundation believes in “Just Caring” which embraces both our ethic of care and our ethic of justice.
Under the Adelaide Community Health Initiative Scheme (CHIS) we aim to assist local community healthcare organisations which specifically provide a service or supports within the healthcare field. Under the Adelaide CHIS, grants up to €5,000 can be awarded. Grants can be used for one specific purpose or divided between projects. All submissions must take into account the criteria outlined below.
- The scheme is designed to provide support for not-for-profit and charitable organisations, located primarily within the Dublin 24 area and benefitting the Dublin 24 community.
- Organisations who have been awarded funding by the Adelaide Health Foundation previously are welcome to submit a NEW application; but there is no guarantee that the same project will be funded again.
- Successful applicants will be required to supply progress reports on how the grant has been applied.
- Successful applicants are requested to acknowledge the support of the Foundation where appropriate.
Projects funded in 2016 include:
- Barnardos – Tallaght Teen Parent Support programme
- Capacitar Ireland – Community wellness programme
- Kingswood Community & Leisure Centre – Social Club for people with Alzheimers
- Threshold – “Raising your Voice” workshops for people with mental health issues
The Scheme does not provide support for:
- General appeals – assistance must be sought for clearly specified purposes
- Requests from individuals
- Repayment of debt
- Projects which have been completed.
- Tuition or student fees
- Medical costs
- Purchase of buildings or land
- Construction projects
- Employee salaries
- Flights or accommodation
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Application Forms should be typed – Handwritten applications will not be considered.
- Application forms must be fully completed and signed. Incomplete and/or unsigned forms will not be considered.
- One Application will be accepted per organisation.
- A specific sum of money must be sought.
- Grants are awarded for and must be drawn down in the current calendar year. Grants that are not drawn down in the current year will be forfeit
- The decision of the Adelaide Health Foundation in relation to the awarding of grants is final
- Applications must be received by the specified closing date. Late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date for receipt of applications – 30th June 2017