Applications are now invited for the 2016 Arts Grants and Bursary Awards
South Dublin County Council Arts Office has announced the 2016 Arts Grants and Bursary Awards.
1.) Individual Artists Bursary Award 2016
- SDCC’s Individual Artists Bursary Award Scheme aims to support individual artists of all disciplines living or working in the SDCC’s Administrative Area to develop their practice and to further enhance their career within the arts.
- Applications are encouraged from artists engaging with challenging forms and concepts in their practice; artists working in any context; artists working collaboratively and artists exploring different ways of engaging with audiences.
- Proposals should endeavor to be developmental in the context of the artist’s work/medium and can include research, mentoring and education development at post graduate level.
- The maximum award is €3,000. The awards are made by a multidisciplinary selection panel.
2.) Annette Halpin Memorial Music Award 2016
- This award is available for young musicians/composers/singers living in the SDCC’s Administrative Area. It aims to support music education, development and performance.
- This might include but is not confined to master classes, purchase of instruments, recording, or travel. There are two strands to this award:
- €1,000 Award from Music Generation South Dublin (18 years and under);
- €2,000 Award from SDCC and the Halpin Family (25 years and under).
3.) Young Artist Development Award 2016
- This award is designed to support the practice and/or career development of young artists aged 18 – 25 in any form, other than music. Applicants must be living in the SDCC’s Administrative Area.
- This might include the purchase of specialised equipment, materials to create new work, travel to arts events, participation in master classes, fund the exhibition or performance of new work and research for the making of new work.
- The maximum award is €1,000.
4.) Arts Project Awards 2016
- Five Arts Project Awards of €1,000 each are now available from SDCC to Amateur, Voluntary and Community groups. Funding is towards event subsidy, professional support, materials, project completion and training.
- The purpose of the grant is to stimulate interest and participation in arts activities in the County. The Awards will primarily grant aid groups based in the South Dublin County Council’s Administrative Area whose activity may be inside or outside of the county.
- Also eligible to apply for support under the award scheme are groups whose activity takes place in the SDCC Administrative Area, but are not based in the County.
CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 1ST APRIL 2016 AT 1PM
For application forms and further details contact:
Bláithín Keegan or Colette Ryan in the Arts Office, South Dublin County Council, Library Headquarters, Unit 1, The Square Industrial Complex, Tallaght, Dublin 24, YXW3 TEL (01) 4597834.